Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy the following notice explains the information we collect, how it is used, how it is safeguarded, and how to contact us if you have any concerns.
What Information Is Collected
As part of the order process, the following information is collected from shoppers:
Name Shipping/Billing Address Email address Phone number Email Credit/Debit Card Information
What personally-identifiable information is collected?
AIM collects personally-identifiable information on certain areas of the Site when users register, request publications or subscribe to e-mail lists. The personally-identifiable information collected may consist of a unique access ID, company or school affiliations, titles, and contact information, such as names, mailing, shipping, and billing addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone and fax numbers. You may have the opportunity to enroll on the Site, in which case we may collect order information and your credit card information in order to facilitate shipment and payment.
How may my personally-identifiable information be used?
AIM uses your personally-identifiable information to fulfill your requests for publications or other information. AIM also uses personally-identifiable information to perform statistical analyses of user behavior in order to measure interest in specific areas and articles posted on our Site. The e-mail addresses provided at registration allow AIM to send e-mail to individuals based on the areas of interest that they indicate during the registration process. If you do not wish to receive e-mailed advance notice of newsletters, simply do NOT register for a subscription. AIM uses personally-identifiable information collected from cookies and IP addresses as described below to help personalize your view of the Site.
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our Site or articles, we ask them for the friend's name and e-mail address. We will automatically send the friend a one-time communication inviting them to visit our Site(s). The email will include the referrer's name.
Are cookies and IP addresses used?
Is personally-identifiable information disclosed to third parties
AIM shall not intentionally disclose (and shall take commercially reasonable steps to prevent the accidental disclosure of) your personally-identifiable information to third parties (i.e., persons or entities that are not affiliates of AIM), whether for such third parties' marketing purposes or otherwise, subject only to the following five exceptions:
1. AIM may disclose your personally-identifiable information to third parties as required or permitted by the laws, rules, and regulations of any nation, state, or other applicable jurisdiction;
2. AIM may disclose your personally-identifiable information to third parties who deliver information from us to you for the purpose of performing such delivery;
3. AIM may disclose your personally-identifiable information if, in connection with submitting the information, you consent to such disclosure;
4. AIM may disclose contact information for you in response to inquiries by bona-fide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from information you have posted on the Site or otherwise provided to AIM;
5. If AIM and/or any of its affiliates, strategic alliance, or partners merges with or sells substantially all of its assets or a majority of its equity to a third party, information collected by AIM or such affiliates on their Web sites may be disclosed to and owned by the merged entity or third party.
Links to third-party sites
We may provide links to third-party Web sites as a service to our users. In addition, some of the content appearing to be on this Site is in fact supplied by third parties, for example, in instances of framing of third- party Web sites or incorporation through framesets of content supplied by third-party servers. Please be aware that we cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection practices of such third-party Web sites, which may differ from those of this Site. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies on these Web sites before providing any information to them.
AIM has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally-identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized AIM personnel are provided access to personally-identifiable information, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, AIM cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personally-identifiable information.
Children's on-line privacy protection
AIM understands the importance of protecting children's privacy, especially in an on-line environment. The Site is not intentionally designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger, and AIM will not intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.
Our contact information
By standard mail: AIM LLC 217 Country Club Park Birmingham, AL 35213
By phone: 205-358-4152 (between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. CST